Important Notice

In accordance with the State of NJ Stay at Home order, the church building is closed to all activities.

Join us each Sunday at 10:00am for Outdoor Services, Services on Facebook, and stay for Virtual Fellowship at 10:45am.

Last Updated: 8/15/20

The history of Old Greenwich is long and rich. The earliest record of our congregation is a call in 1739 to the Presbytery of New Brunswick for "supplies of preaching in Mr. Barber's neighborhood near Musconnekunk." That was us! At first we were interchangeably referred to as Mr. Barber’s neighborhood or Mr. Green's Farm; then Green’s Ridge, Greenridge, Greenage, until the name finally became Greenwich. 

One of the first supply ministers sent to preach in that log church was the frontier missionary Rev. David Brainerd. In 1775, the site of the log church and the early cemetery were abandoned in favor of the present location and the first stone church was erected. In 1835 the original stone building was replaced by our present, larger church.

Old Greenwich's Mission

The congregation of OGPC fully embraces its responsibility to bring the word of God into the community and world. We look to be inspired and unified in our shared mission:

“To Celebrate the Love of God in All We Say and Do”

And so, with the leadership of a new pastor and secure in God’s love and guidance, OGPC approaches the unknown future with commitment that God’s will be done and that as God’s people, we can witness the power and glory of God through our own actions. In doing so, we will celebrate the love of God in all we say and do.